Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year, A Fresh Start

2008- it is actually here and boy oh boy do I have a lot planned! This is my year to get my life all under control and looking the way I want it to- quite the aspiration, right?! Ya, I know! But hey- I figure I might as well set big goals for myself! Why not, right?!

A few weeks ago I sat down and compiled a whole list of things I want to do, or change, or try this year. I divided it all into the subcategories that my life consists of because, well, that's just how I am! So, now I thought I would share a few of them with you:

Faithwise:
-Do the One Year Bible Reading Plan as a family, with our church
-Do the Beth Moore Study, Believing God- completing all the homework each week
-Blog about my faith walk 2-3 times a week
-Set aside at least 10 minutes every day to just pray
-Memorize scripture
-Finish the faith-based books I started reading this year but never completed

Healthwise:
-Take a yoga/pilates fusion class
-Not buy ice-cream more than once a month (at the most)
-Be more purposeful and organized in our meal planning
-Try that Cooking-for-a-month thing (ya know, where you cook one day for the whole month and freeze the meals)
-Put away at least $50 a month to buy workout equipment for Jer

Financial-wise:
-Stick more strictly to our budget (take out cash for groceries and petty cash- not going over those amounts!
-Be better about putting money into savings
-Tithe more regularly
-Pay off our debt
-Eliminate superfluous spending and cut down our monthly bills

House-wise:
-Don't go to bed with dishes in the sink or things on the table
-Sort and file mail daily
-Get the house-cleaning part of my day finished first thing in the morning
-De-clutter the house
-Get new curtains and couch pillows
-Finish the basement
-Get landscaping

Mom-wise:
-Be more intentional about the time I spend with Roman- teaching him and playing with him
-Make sure he watches less TV
-Pray with him and for him more
-Read scripture to him

Wife-wise:
-Be more intentional about blessing my husband
-Watch my tone of voice and try not to engage in arguments
-Pray for my husband more
-Support his diet
-Have more date nights
-Have more sex!!

Me-wise:
-Get up earlier for time with the Lord
-Read for pleasure at least 10 minutes a day
-Blog about life in general at least 2 times a week
-Get out and meet with another mom at least once a week
-Take more baths!
-Get at least 4 massages this year
-Spend less time online
-See all the major Oscar-nominated films
-Learn Italian
-Get a tatoo
-Spend at least 10 minutes a day doing something creative
-Try freelance writing and try to get something published

Craft-wise:
-Make myself and apron or two!
-Make folio covers and bags I had planned to make for Christmas
-Finish my quilt
-Knit or crochet my grandma a blanket
-Knit a sweater
-Knit dishcloths
-Blog about my crafts at least once a week
-Make a blanket for our couch
-Knit Roman soakers

Chic & Savvy Mama Business-wise:
-Redefine and focus my business
-Update my website
-Finish my Postpartum doula reading and take the training course
-Hold natural parenting classes
-Create a pregnancy loss support program in Spokane and extend my services as a pregnancy loss doula

Finish Carpentry Business-wise:
-Weekly make sure that everything in the computer is up to date & paper work is filed
-Take care of all our tax filings at the beginning of each month

Okay, so that is a lot, and believe it or not there is actually more, but I spared you! I have updated my iCal in such a way that I think all of my daily, weekly, and monthly tasks are posted on each day that I need to complete them, so that they seem a little bit more manageable. We shall see! I know it seems monsterous but I think it needs to be done if I want to start living the life I dream of having. So here we go 2008- bring it on!

No comments: