I have always been the young one in our group of friends and have always felt that people don't take me seriously because I can easily be mistaken for a college student. Once I turned 25 I felt like a large part of that was behind me. The later half of my 20s looked full of hope- finally a bon-a-fide grown-up but I could still wag my tongue at my friends who were on the cusp of (or well into) their 30s (wait, what was that I said about being grown up?)!
And now it is nearly over- tomorrow I will be 26. I shouldn't lament it. Nothing particularly crazy happened. Ok, well I had a baby, and in no way do I want to diminish that or him, but you moms know what I mean. The past year wasn't marked by wild adventure, travel or spectacular accomplishments (other than an amazing, 15-day-late, 4 hour, homebirth of my little Lion Cub). I spent most of 25 (which I am aware was actually my 26th year) changing diapers, wiping tears and cleaning up messes.
Does that sadden me? Am I looking to greener pastures? Not at all! I am happy with what I have done, even if it has been mundane or, well, regular at times. I feel that I have grown and matured as person enormously. My walk with the Lord has become so much stronger and I love my little family. However, there was a moment last week that the thought of being 25 coming to an end sent me in to a sudden panic.
I am never going to be 25 again.
I have waited so long for this milestone- what have I got to look forward to now?! My mother kindly pointed out that 30 will be another big one, and 40, and 50 (which she is turning this year! Haha! Yeah- your welcome Mom!), it just won't be 25 though. I'm going to be fine. 26 is sure to be even better, it was just a little shocking to realize that 25 will soon be no more.
So, what am I hoping for to kick off this next year of my life? Birthday presents of course! Oh, come on, don't say you don't hope to be a little pampered for your birthday! Most of the things on my list I have no actual hope of receiving, but a girl can dream, right?! And what better place to dream than on my blog!? So, here is my list, in no particular order!
- A morning to myself. I would love to wake up (when I want to), shower (by myself with no baby crawling on my feet), put on something cute (since I will be receiving a few particularly lovely new pieces for my wardrobe from Ann Taylor Loft from my Grandma and Mom)- gather up my Bible (and maybe a couple of other good reads that are currently on my shelf) and head for my favorite bagel shop which happens to be right next to a Starbucks. I would love to not have to look at my watch and just get lost in my reading and coffee. Someday maybe...
- An iPad! Haha- ok, I KNOW this one won't be happening. But in all honesty, I actually don't want one until they come out with the next version since it is sure to be better and probably cheaper. I do want one eventually though!
- A good bra! It is just plain sad that this is on my birthday list, but seriously, I haven't purchased a new nursing bra since R-Man was born and the one I have just plain old doesn't fit! I think that the Bliss by Bravado looks pretty nice (in a 32DD- just in case someone is offering! :-) hehe). The girls just really need to be put back where they belong!
- Any bundle from Lorrie Flem! I really have my eye on Mornings: The Early Bird Gets the Worm, Quiet Times at His Feet, Marriage to Have and to Hold Super Bundle, Homemaking How-To's, Homemaking with Attitude: So Much More than Housework, and her new seminar called Attitude Adjustments- alright, so I pretty much want all of her stuff! In time, in time!
- Cute strappy sandals! I don't know exactly what I am looking for, but something chic and sassy for summer!
- This bathing suit top
(or maybe this one- although she looks so unhappy! I'm just sayin'!
or this one, oh I can't decide!)
and this skirt
- I would also really love a gift card to Michaels or Two Peas in a Bucket to get some cute scrapping papers for a decor project I am working on, or a gift card to Pink Chalk Fabrics or JoAnn Fabrics for a little project I have in the works to spruce up my wardrobe and a quilt project I have my eye on!
Alright- I'll stop myself before I get even more carried away!
Anyhow- I better get out there and whoop it up before this year is over!