Friday, September 7, 2007

It's been too long...

Oh I have been out of the loop this last week! Drat! I wish I would have stayed more on top of my game! We went out of town for Labor Day Weekend- up to the in-law's cabin. It was quite and peaceful but I didn't get half as much reading or knitting done as I would have liked! I did start Roman's newest pair of longies (which he desperatley needs- his other are sooo short!) but i still have a ways to go! One thing i did do over the weekend is give myself a bunch of pregnancy symptoms and totally convince myself that I had a little one on the way. Well, it turned out to just be bad PMS (and probably some of it was just in my head) and AF made a showing yesterday. I am still just spotting but I don't think there is any hope of it being implantation. Bummer. We'll give it a go again this month. I think I just need to be more relaxed about it and not get all regemmented and worked up about getting the deed done right! I am sure Jer would appreciate it! Oh well. The lord has some plan- does it matter if I like it or not?

On another front, as if I don't have enough on my plate right now, I am considering becoming a doula. I would like to get the training for both birth and post partum, but would probably just practice as an ante and postpartum doula until my kid(s) are older. I have consultations as a part of my business already and I would like to focus on promoting them more, but I feel like I need some credentials behind my advice to mamas and becoming a doula just seems like the right way to go. Plus, it would be nice to bring in the extra money. I am still think and praying about it, but I am seriously looking into it. It is hard to decide which doula organization to go with and there is a lot to figure out, but I really think I would enjoy it and it would be rewarding work. Hmmm... lots to think about!

1 comment:

Making A Modern Family said...

I am wanting to do doula training as well, when the baby is older. I think we are done having kids so I'm ready to think about some sort of career, but I want something I can do while still staying home with my kids (aside from sewing, because while I enjoy that, I just don't think I will do it long term as anything more than a hobby!) I've always felt called to be around birth. Maybe some day I will become a midwife, but for now I think becoming a doula is the path I want to take. You'll have to let me know if you start any classes, because I would love to hear how it goes!