Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kiss Me Again Review



Wow- what a powerful book!  Kiss Me Again, Restoring Lost Intimacy in Marriage, by Barbara Wilson helps couples overcome their sexual pasts in order to foster better intimacy, both sexually and relationally, in marriage. 

I personally don't have much in the way of a sexual past apart from my husband, nor a problem being intimate with him, however I have had much to overcome in our relationship.  My husband was previously married which has been a far more difficult history for me to overcome than my own, and although this book does not specifically address this issue, there were many principles that I could directly apply to our circumstance to help bring healing for both of us.  Although, for the most part, I feel that my husband and I are pretty open with each other, the discussion questions in the book gave us a wonderful opportunity to sit down and really talk about where we are in our relationship and how we can grow closer together and to the Lord.

I also found that much of what Barbara Wilson discusses in the book could be applied to nearly any male/female relationship you've had in your past that involved a break-up, whether it was sexual or not, since much of what she talks about is breaking bonds with the people from our pasts to fully invest our hearts in our spouses. 

I found this book to be very insightful and thought provoking- my copy is dog-eared, underlined and worn.  I think that many women and marriages could find healing, perspective and greater intimacy with their spouse by reading this book and participating in the process it offers.

To purchase your own copy you can visit Random House.


If you would like to become a blogger for books with Waterbrook Press you can visit here.


This book was provided by the publisher for review through a program seeking honest reviews.

No comments: