Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Baby in the Belly- 31 Weeks!

Well, here it is- the belly at 31 weeks!

It's... well... it's big! My husband made the comment last night that he doesn't remember me being a whole lot bigger than that when I had Roman, and I still have 2 months left! Ahhhh!!! And I haven't even gained a ton of weight yet, reasonable, but not a ton! I gained over 40 lbs with Roman, so we'll see! I am just carrying this babe so differently!

I can say that I have been a little bit more stable and pulled together this week- I don't know if my husband would say the same thing, but I am feeling a little bit more on my game. Yesterday was very productive for me- lots of nesting, cleaning and organizing. In fact, my trusty little sidekick even pitched in and helped me out far more than I ever expected! Here he is helping me mop!
He also helped me cart things up and down the stairs (a huge help!) and he pulls the clothes out of the dryer for me so I don't have to bend over (also very nice)! All in all we have been giving Roman more responsibilities, such as making his bed, putting his clothes in the laundry room and taking his dishes to the sink after meals. He has been doing really well with all of it and has even had a cheery attitude about it!

All Roman's progress with his new chores has given me high hopes for how helpful he will be after the baby arrives! We have been talking a lot about he can help by grabbing me diapers and being patient while I am nursing, and he seems to be responding well and understanding, at least in a small way, what is to come. He even told me a few days ago that he just wanted his brother or sister to be here! It was so sweet! I am sure the wait has seemed impossibly long for him!

Other than my cleaning and general planning for the birth, I have also been putting a dent in my knitting for the baby. I finished the "just in case it's a girl" newborn hat a few days ago, and the "just in case it's a boy" newborn longies are almost done! I hope to have both sets up in a Knit Bits meme by the end of the week, so stay tuned!

Until next week... wish me well... and pray that the stretch marks stay at bay!!

1 comment:

Montana Mama said...

That's so fun! Your little boy is such a helper! :)

So you used to live in Missoula? That's so funny! It's a small world! :) I don't know how well you know the Bitterroot Valley, but we're actually living just north of Hamilton. Curt has about an hour drive to get to school, but Missoula is def. a fun place to live by! We actually had our baby in The Birth Center in Missoula. It was AMAZING! It actually made me want to look into being a Midwife or Doula. But that might have to wait a little bit. :) Anyhow, I hope everything goes well for you, so you get to enjoy the home birth setting! :) Next time around, we'll be doing it at home also.

Take Care, only 9 more weeks to go! :)