Thursday, April 8, 2010

Welcome to the Party!!!

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

Welcome and I am so excited to have you!!

Let me introduce myself! My name is MacKenzie (aka Chic_Mama or Mama Kenz) and I am the Mama behind:


Mama Kenz Studio,

The World According to Roman 
The World According to R-Man,

TLC Button
The Lion Cub 
and The Research Years (more about that in a minute!).

I have two little boys so far (an almost 4 yo and a 10 month old) and have a passion for training and discipling my kiddos at home (which includes academics), being the best wife and homemaker possible (although I fail in this area more as much as I thrive), living as naturally as I can (I LOVE cloth diapers!), creating things with my hands (I love a good project!), reading (mmmmm- books!), blogging (of course!), and a whole host of other things!  I also enjoy helping mama's birth their babies and learn how to adjust to life afterward as a DONA trained birth and postpartum doula.  I think I lead a pretty eclectic life!

Things you can expect from Mama Kenz Studio are:
  • Light-hearted mama wit (okay- I hope you think I'm funny!  Don't we all?!)
  • Thoughts on faith and life
  • Book, product, service, event and speaker reviews filled with honest opinions
  • All sorts of craftiness
  • Memes 
  • The occasional reference to the bodily functions and by products of young children (see here)
  • Honesty & Realness (isn't it refreshing to just be real?!)
Things you won't find here:
  • Perfection
  • Anything related to fly fishing, hunting or sports in general
  • Generic product reviews for so-so products
  • Boringness (well, I hope not anyway!)
If that sounds like a whole barrel of goodness to you, please feel free to subscribe or follow, snag a button, become a fan on Facebook (also in left sidebar), and/or follow on twitter (Chic_Mama)!


With this blog party I am also introducing my brand new blogging venture called The Research Years which is devoted to letters I am writing to my children and their future spouses.  It is about leaving a legacy and creating a heritage.  I am very excited about it and would be honored if you took the time to visit over there as well!  

I hope you will be able to visit throughout the week as I will be hosting a variety of book reviews and and even a giveaway on a very cute children's book!  The fun is just beginning!

As far as the party is concerned, if you don't know about it you can click on the badge at the top of this post to find out more, but basically it is just what it sounds like- one big blogging party with hundreds of bloggers who meet each other, enter for prizes and just plain have fun!  It is sure to be a great time!

Personally, I have my eye on these prizes:
(okay, so I am going to have to post them after I can access the 5 Minutes for Mom site- they are currently being over loaded)

Thanks so much for stopping by!!