Thursday, April 8, 2010

Excuse me & a Sneak Peek!!

Excuse me while I get all dressed up for the party!  Well, get my blog dressed up anyway, for The Ultimate Blog Party (which begins tonight at 9:00 PST)!  I am very excited to get things kicked off, especially because I am launching my new blog project (at last!)!

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

But since you are all my loyal readers I thought I would give you a little sneak peek (a few hours early anyway!) since I have been teasing you with it for so long!

So, here goes!  Drumroll please.......

I would like to introduce you to:


The Research Years is all about leaving a legacy for my kids and meeting them and their spouses in the future, where I am at now.  It is about being honest with them- reminding them what life was really like when they were young so that they and their spouses don't suffer from any unrealistic delusions or expectations.  It is about sharing with them what I learn as I go, so that some day when they are 26, or 30, or 45, they can look back and see what I was writing to them when I was that age.  I plan on turning this blog into a series of books that I can present to them at different, relevant points in their lives (ya know the big ones- leaving for college, getting married, having babies, etc...).

I plan on covering everything from our day-to-day life, my own trials and errors, recipes, general homemaking ideas and info, how the Lord is working in my life, prayers for them, thoughts on marriage and raising kids, family history and more.  All of these topics will be written directly to them, but my hope is that as you all get to spy in on what I have to say to them, you may be able to learn and relate right along with me.

In addition to the posts that will be directly written to my children and their future spouses, I plan on writing some posts just specifically for my readers.  These posts will pretty much center around leaving a legacy and building a memory inheritance for our kids.  I will post about a wide variety of ideas on how you can prepare for what you want to share with and pass on to your children in the future- everything from hope chests to homemaking journals and beyond!

I will still be blogging here at Mama Kenz Studio and my boy's blogs as well, but the meat of homemaking matters will happen over at The Research Years.  Mama Kenz Studio will be reserved for memes, reviews, personal faith stuff, crafting and everything that is just really me.

So, what do you think?  I would love your input and feed back!

Speaking of feedback, you may notice that I switched to DISQUS for commenting, which I think will be a wonderful addition to this blog and give me the ability to better answer your questions and keep in touch with all of you loyal commenters!  I so appreciate all of you who take the time to leave a note and remind me that there really are people who read all this silly business that I pour my heart into! Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!