Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday- 20 Questions!


FMM this week is a little 20 questions! Enjoy!

1. Do you cook every night?
That is my goal, and has been all year. I started planning meals a month at a time to save money and make sure we weren't repeating a lot, and I did pretty well until the last few weeks of my pregnancy. Things have been a little rocky since then in the planning department but I am slowly getting back on track!

2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?

Country Save with Vinegar as softener (and no, it doesn't make my clothes smelly funny!). I am also using Tiny Bubbles for our dipes and I really like it!

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?
I try to do at least a load a day but it doesn't always happen! I feel like I am constantly washing dipes, so the clothes have to try to get washed in between!

4. How often do you eat out per week?
Depends on the week! My goal is not at all, but sometimes I get desperate and grab a Papa Murphy's or something. We live really close to lots of take out, so the occasional fish taco has been known to grace our table, maybe not so occasionally (okay- so the girls who work there no my birth story and how old my baby is! We are going less frequently now!)!

5. Where do you usually eat out?
Taco Del Mar, Arby's, Bruchi's, Papa Murhy's

6. What is your favorite retail store?

JoAnn Fabrics & Crafts

7. What's your favorite thing to drink?
Snapple Raspberry White Tea

8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?

I am still taking my prenatals and folic acid but not as consistently as I was.

9. What percentage of the household chores to you do?
99.9% Sometimes my husband will vacuum, but for the most part everything is up to me.

10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc}
R-Man is just starting to help me out. I ask him to make his bed and he is responsible for cleaning up his toys and books. I intend to expand his duties as her gets older.

11. Do you go to church?

We are Christians but have been having a hard time finding a fitting church home. I hate being in flux and REALLY want to find a place that we can get involved and have solid fellowship, but it is difficult to find the right place for us. I know we are going to need to compromise but it is hard to decide on what.

12. Do you have a housework schedule?
I try to generally follow FlyLady's principles- even following them a little bit helps me to keep things manageable (most of the time).

13. Do you keep a working budget?
Not really. We are living job to job right now, so it is always changing.

14. What do you do at night as a family?
Have dinner, Jer wrestles with R-Man and we wind down with a little TV. We have our shows and enjoy them- that is just the way we are.

15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?
I try to get things lined out for R-Man's preschool curriculum and get the house back into some semblance of order- doesn't always work though!

16. What do your mornings look like?
They are always changing! My goal is to get up before the boys and have sometime to get myself prepared for the day, but I don't always have the energy. They always wake up at different times too, so it is hard to plan.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings?
Goal- 7:00 (at least), but it is usually more like 7:45 or 8:00

18. What time do you go to bed at night?

Typically between 11:00-1:00, but I am trying to change that!

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc}
It all usually gets stacked next to my computer and eventually filed away into binders. I hate it though! I love paper, but paperwork I loathe!!! How odd that I run the office for our business (and hate that too!).

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc}
I am a lister! Like crazy! I am LOVING Evernote.com and have the application on my iPhone. I also usually use my iCal program for appointments, but need to update it badly!

Join in the Friend Makin' Fun over at ae Filkins!

1 comment:

TeachinAuntie said...

Neat, I like this one, I'm playing too!

http://teachinauntie.blogspot.com/2009/09/friend-making-monday.html