Friday, November 13, 2009

If I had it my way...

I'd live in Hawaii!!!  Sometimes I think that should be the name of my blog because I feel it so strongly.  I utter those words to my poor husband every day.

And now, it is snowing where I am at.

I don't like it.

At ALL!

This dreary, snowy day chills me to the bone and just makes my resolve to move to the Aloha State even more sincere!

Truth be told, when we were in Kauai last November my husband said to me one day, "You would really just pack up and move here if you could, wouldn't you?  You wouldn't even hesitate."  Nope, I wouldn't.  I would move there next week if I could and I am pretty sure I would have the motivation and determination to get everything in order to do so should the opportunity present itself!

R-Man even told us last night at dinner that we need to go to Hawaii.  I think it is in our blood.

For now, though, I am stuck in this dreary little city, just wishing.  And hoping.  My husband is considering going back to school, though, to get a degree in project management since he has seen a lot of job opportunities on the islands in that field, so maybe it really will happen some day.  You never know!  All my dreaming may not be in vain!

So, dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far, far away from here... to Hawaii.

No comments: