Monday, November 16, 2009

Mama's Holiday Wish List Meme!


 Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme

TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year? 



It is kind of a tough year this year, so I am not really expecting much of anything.  I am hoping to get a grain mill to mill our own wheat (I have been trying to make our own bread lately and would like to continue to do so).  Ultimately I would love to get a Vitamix Blender, but I know that isn't going to happen (but maybe at the fair next year if things are going better!). 

I need new socks underwear and a haircut, but those sound pathetic to put on my wish list, so scratch that.  I would really love to get this set of books and DVDs and this book from the Simply Charlotte Mason website about early childhood learning, the Charlotte Mason Method and establishing habits in your kids and yourself.


I would also like to get the Duggar's book and a Message/NIV Parallel Bible.  So, yeah, I think that is about it.  I am sure I could come up with a lot more, but those are things that come to mind that even if I don't get for the actual Christmas holiday I hope for us to be able to afford in the early part of the new year.

2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received? 

Hmmmm... I am trying to think of one I have received.  I got some cute fabric coasters from my sister-in-law a few years ago.  Those were nice.  Yup, I think that's it.

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle? 

A few years ago I bought the fabric to make bags and notebook covers and I was also going to include aprons, homemade bath products and knitted wash cloths- they all have yet to be made.  Maybe someday!  I would also really like to make quilts, but I think that will happen many years from now when I have more time and space!

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child? 

I received a new Cabbage Patch Doll every year and loved EVERY one of them!  I would set up my whole little Cabbage Patch family and take pictures and everything!  I LOVED those dolls!

5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year? 

R-Man wants just about everything he sees!  Mostly he wants trucks, construction equipment and legos.  I would like to get him some books and games so that we can start having family game nights. 

For Lion Cub I hope to mostly get clothes and diapers, I mean what does a 6-month-old really need anyway, especially when he has all of his brother's old toys to play with?!

6. What is your favorite holiday food? 

We have BBQ crab every year for Christmas Eve dinner with my family and it is to die for!  I wait all year for it!  I will have to post the recipe for you all because you simply haven't lived until you have had this crab!


I also have a minimal obsession with my grandma's popcorn balls and suckers!  They are sooooo good!  In fact, I should go call her right now so we can plan a date to make them!

7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays? 

I am considering making a few simple things (which I can't really post because the people I will be giving them to read my blog! :-) ), but it is really going to depend on how much time I have (Lion Cub makes everything more difficult right now) and if we have the money to buy the ingredients and so forth.  We'll see!

8. What is your favorite holiday movie? 

This is so bad, but growing up my family had a tradition of watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation- it is just so stinkin' funny!  We all know all the lines and have a hoot watching it!  We don't watch it with the boys around now though, so alternatively I enjoy the classics, like the Rudolph from the 60s, and The Santa Clause.

9. Favorite holiday song? 

I love Carol of the Bells.  That is a really hard question though because I like so many of them!  I mean it's Christmas music!  What's not to love?!

10. Favorite holiday pastime?

This is a year of lots of new traditions for us.  We are going to do The Jesse Tree Advent countdown, decorate cookies, go look at Christmas lights in our PJs and I am working on more!  I really want to make things special and memorable for our family, especially now that R-Man is getting to the age when he will start remembering the events.  So, any tips or ideas you have would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: