Thursday, January 7, 2010

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bed... well, you know the rest!

Well, that pretty much sums it up!  Okay, I'll elaborate a little since you are just dying to have me explain and grumble like an Israelite for a bit (that was a little shout out to all you B90Dayers out there!).

My day started out off.  Not quite as early as I would have liked (but still earlier than usual, so I'm counting it!), the house was a wreck (another resolution seemingly down the tubes!), and Lion Cub keeps getting himself hurt now that he is mobile.  By 9:00am I already just wanted to crawl back under the covers and call it a day.  Just kept thinking, "This day just needs to be over!"

Obviously, that wasn't an option- places to go, people to take care of!  Besides having errands to run I was scheduled to speak at a local mom's group about natural cleaning options, so I took the boy's to my grandmother's house for a couple of hours.  I made it to the group but on my way back my car decided to completely overheat and break down in the middle of one of our city's biggest intersections!  AHHHH!

As everyone behind me started honking, the guy in the car directly behind me came up to my window and was like, "So, can you not move?  Are you out of gas?"

"No, I just thought it would be fun to sit here for a little while and check my e-mail on my phone, maybe take a nap."  (Okay- I didn't really say that, but I wanted to!)

However, he did say this, "Well, can you call someone to come help you?"

Seriously?!?!  You aren't going to help push me out of the intersection?!!  Luckily, a couple of other guys got out of their cars to help push me around the corner (by the way the doof guy behind me finally did join them- I think out of guilt).  Then, when my knight and shining armor (aka husband) came to my rescue, he managed to push my car single-handedly all the way across the parking lot to a location not right on the street so that he could work on it.

So, my DH took me to my grandma's since Lion Cub was needing to eat and then went back to work on my car.  By miracle of all miracles he managed to get it working again, although I am still pretty leery about just how fixed it is.  It did manage to get us home, however, without blowing up so I guess I can't complain (too much).

Is my B90Days reading done for today?  Not quite, but it isn't completely untouched either, so once again there is a positive (I'm trying here!).  I may not get as far ahead as I had hoped, but if the rest of the evening goes somewhat according to plan I should at least stay on schedule.

Now I am off to try and reconcile some of the already broken resolutions (aka- clean the house, have dinner on the table when my husband walks in the door, and so on...).  Pray for me- I could really use it to day!

Ok, breathe...

No comments: