Friday, June 11, 2010

Lion Cub is 1!!!

Ok- please forgive me!  I meant to publish this post on Wednesday (his actual birthday!) but it just didn't work out!  I kept it written the same way though because it just reads better that way!  Sorry about that!

A year ago today, I was 15 days "overdue.". 

A year ago today, I woke up at 6:45am with consistent contractions.

(Yup- that was me in labor!)

A year ago today, I rocked through 4 hours of labor (if I do say so myself), walked into my bedroom, climbed into a tub and pushed out a baby in 4 contractions!

In other words, a year ago today, at 11:04am Lion Cub was born!

I don't know where the last year has gone!  It was filled with many long days and yet it flew by!  Now Lion Cub is walking, climbing, destroying everything, laughing, starting to use the big boy potty and showing us new aspects of his silly personality every day!  It is difficult to remember what life was really like before he was here- when we were a family of three and R-Man was an only child.  We went through so much to add another little person to our family and now the fact that he has been in our lives for a whole year just feels surreal!








Happy 1st Birthday Lion Cub!  We love you so much and are so proud of you!  

...now all he needs is a little sister!