Monday, February 15, 2010

Bible in 90 Days- Half Way Through!!!

Bible in 90 Days promo button

I can't believe it!  In the last month and a half I have actually read the entire first half of the Bible!  Sure, there have been days that I have gotten a little behind, or had to reread passages a number of time to actually get my brain to calm down and pay attention, but as of right now, I am entirely caught up and soaking up Proverbs!

This last week has been an especially powerful one, treking through the Psalms!  They really couldn't have come at a better time since I have been feeling as of late that our family has been experiencing a significant increase in spiritual warfare hovering around our house and I really needed to be reassured that God was not only still there, but protecting and loving me all the way through!  And if one thing is for sure it is that you can't go through digesting large chunks of Psalms every day without being reminded of God's abounding and never-stopping love for us, His compassion and grace, His ever present hand in our lives!  Powerful stuff!  I found myself getting emotional as I read of His fatherly character, getting so wrapped up int he words of praise that I just didn't want to stop reading!

I am also finding just how beneficial it is to read such large chunks of scripture at once- something I had originally been wary of.  Now, when I read references to Og the King of Bashan I actually know and remember who the author is speaking of because I just read about him a few weeks ago, among others of course!   Reading the Bible as a novel instead of a bunch of disjointed books has given me such amazing perspective and blessed me so much more than I really ever expected!  It has been worth every minute!

It is so difficult to pick out but a few of the many verses that touched my heart as I read this past week, but here are a couple that I just love:

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.  
Psalm 67:19

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.
He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor His anger forever;
He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is His love for those who fear Him;
as far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
As a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him;
for He knows how we were formed, He remember that we are dust.
Psalm 103:8-14

Oh and I definitely can't end this post without sending out a HUGE THANK YOU to the people at biblein90days.org who just awarded me a scholarship Bible, participant's guide AND The Essential Bible Companion!  In all honesty I had assumed I was not going to receive them, then one day out of the blue last week a lovely and heavy box showed up on my door step with much more than I bargained for!

Catch up with other bloggers making this amazing journey at Mom's Toolbox and be sure to stop by our twitter meeting tonight at #B90Days!  I am really hoping to attend this week for some sweet fellowship with other ladies participating!

2 comments:

Jolanthe said...

I was talking about you tonight! :) So glad that Psalms spoke to you and ministered to you this week ~ God is so wonderful that way! :)

Jolanthe

Amy@ MomsToolbox said...

Awesome!
I'm so glad that you are doing as well as you are and are learning as you are. :)
Thanks for joining me in the journey!