Thursday, February 18, 2010

Journal transformtion!

 So my official journaling as an act of spiritual discipline project has begun!  Tuesday night I found this old scrapbook that I started when I was pregnant with R-Man but never completed.  Here is the cover I had made:


And here is the pathetic inside- yes, that is 1 stamp you see!  I actually did have a typed out page about finding out I was pregnant but somehow over the years it has been misplaced.


Well, here is what it looks like now:

 

It's amazing what a little paint and finish of Mod Podge can do!   Of course, R-Man wanted to get in on the action, so I let him help with the base coat and I completed the rest once he was in bed!


I now have the inside cover finished, yesterday's addition and have started on today.  I am filling it with lists, blurbs from life, what I'm reading, eating and the goofy things that R-Man spouts throughout the day!  It is also a place to record verses that I feel are speaking to me, prayers and things that I am grateful to the Lord for.


It has already been such a creative outlet and I think as I move forward it will take less time to compile but be just as rewarding!  Most of the pictures I am using I ripped out of old Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware catalogs and so far, the layout and visual appeal just feels like... me!

I am really excited about this project and how the Lord will use it to draw me closer to Him and add joy and beauty to the simplest part of my life!

To learn more about visual journaling and journaling as an act of spiritual discipline be sure to visit Ann Voskamp's blog A Holy Experience!

1 comment:

Fairyluver said...

It's so funny you posted this because I also did the same thing...I used to make these in high school and they helped me get through the good, the bad, and the ugly times...
I just found a fun little notebook about a month ago that I loved and that's when I started mine..Great post..