Friday, February 19, 2010

I feel French today!

Last night I went and picked up my reserved copy of Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking from the library, and today, in honor of my husband's 34th birthday I have been running all over town picking up food items from specialty shops to bless him with an all-out French dinner!  Complete with creme puffs bought at at a real bakery called Petit Chat (see- I slipped in French wherever I could!) and the finest cuts of meat from a real meat market, it is sure to impress and bless! 

Well, that is my hope any way!  In fact, I bought selections of different meats for him to enjoy throughout the whole weekend because what does a man really want for his birthday anyway other than a good helping of meat?  Oh, and apparently, according to Julia Child, lots of butter! 

Yes, I hope I dazzle his taste buds and make him feel honored.  He deserves it!  He works so hard for our family and is such a good daddy and husband! 

And to be totally honest, I am really enjoying picking up our food from stores that focus just one what I am buying- I really do feel European!  The bread is so soft and fragrant, the meats so perfectly wrapped in their paper packages, and as I carried it all into my house with a perfectly sized brown paper bag in each arm it felt nothing short of quaint!  I am sure it also helps that my grandmother is watching the boys so there is no hasseling with car seats and crying, just shear shopping bliss!

I digress.

You are a good man Jeremiah and I love you!  I hope you have the best 34th birthday one can possibly have and enjoy every minute celebrating with our little family!  
Happy Birthday my love!
You're my favorite!

No comments: