Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Love Dare- Day 1

According to The Love Dare, I'm not supposed to say a single negative thing to my husband today.

Seriously?

Not one, single thing?  Remember that recent post of mine about being "glass half empty"?

What qualifies as negative? :-)

Does it just have to be nothing negative about him or nothing negative in general?  Come on, I need some qualifiers here!

Does it count as negative if you didn't mean it negatively but they took it negatively?

Okay- this is going to be hard.  I don't think I can do this on my own!

What?  I'm not supposed to do it on my own?  Oh yeah...

Dear Holy Spirit,

I really need you today!  I need you to transform me and make me a glass half full kind of gal!  As I try to exhibit patience with him (the first step in this love dare) I need You to exhibit patience with me!  Fill me with your power and equip me for this work that I feel so weak to accomplish!  And thank you in advance because I know that You will do whatever I ask in accordance with your will, and judging by all you have done to get this book into my hands, I think this task is very much in accordance with your will.  And please help me to view this challenge as more than just that- a task to be completed for one day- but rather turn it into a life change.