Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Simply Lovely Mother's Day!

What a sweet day with my sweet boys!  After a bit of a rocky start (R-Man doesn't seem to want to celebrate any day other than his birthday!), the day turned out to just be really nice.  We went over and visited my parents for a short while and then went for a drive- one of our favorite past-times!  We love looking at new properties for sale and dreaming of moving out to the country.  A particular piece we have had our eye on for a while is still on the market.  Now if it can just stay that way for, oh, I don't know, a couple more years maybe?!  Haha- I guess it is all up to the Lord anyway!


After our drive we went out to a really nice dinner at a small local gourmet bistro.  The boys sat so nicely through the whole thing- R-Man played with a little truck while Lion Cub flirted with the women at the table behind us!  We then headed for ice-cream (Baskin Robbins- my FAVORITE!!) which we took home to scarf down during the special one-hour Mother's Day episode of 19 Kids and Counting (also my FAVORITE!).

All in all, it was a lovely day!