Monday, November 22, 2010

Oh what a beautiful morning!

You all are aware of my struggle to get up earlier in the morning if you have followed my blog for any length of time.  You might remember that it was one of my New Years resolutions this year, and her I am, mid-November, still struggling.

Well, today, I had a breakthrough!  Seriously!  Some things happened over the weekend that were positively life-changing (I will soon be sharing them with you, but they are of a different subject completely, so I will reserve them to their own post!) and this morning I finally managed to get my booty out of bed at an earlier hour.  It still wasn't as early as I would like, but it was earlier, which is a step in the right direction.

A lot of it has come down to changing my perspective.  I have had to decide that getting up earlier is a reward rather than a punishment- not easy for a night owl from birth!  I have had decide to limit myself, make the conscious choice every evening, to save the things that I would normally stay up till all hours of the night, joyfully accomplishing, and wait to do them in the morning.  That way I actually want to get up in the morning- those awaiting tasks, that I enjoy, give me the motivation to get out of bed.

The view from my front window
I feel like I have a new lease on life.  As I look out my window and see the snow swirling around and accumulating all around, the rest of the world is heading into winter as I am finally coming out of it.  The spring I have so long awaited is here at last.  I feel refreshed and truly joyful, full of peace for the first time since I can really remember.

I awoke, made a cup of tea, read The Word, nursed my toddler back to sleep as I prayed and then was able to sit with my legs crossed on my couch, computer on my lap and just write/blog/email- it was precious and quiet!  It was time all my own and it was productive!  Just knowing that I had accomplished some of the things on my list for the day gave me the drive to make a better breakfast for my kids and got me cleaning prior to the last 10 rushed minutes before my husband arrives home from work.

This can work!  Jesus can help me- He promises He will!

Who knows, maybe tomorrow I will get up another half hour earlier!




Be sure to visit my sponsor- Marmee's Bread Market- for recipes and everything else you need to easily make fresh baked goods for your family!