Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Best-Ever Banana Bread

Recently I tried out Marmee's recipe for "Best-Ever Banana Bread" from The Bread Box mini-mag, and to be honest I was hesitant of its name's bold claim because I already make the best banana bread ever :-
) ... or so I thought.  You see my recipe has shredded carrots and is gloriously delicate!  Hers, however, boasts a heap of sour cream and, according to my husband, retained a nearly decadent level of moistness that stole the title for best banana bread on his pallet! 


I must agree, this bread was moist and yummy enough to be devoured before I even got a chance to consume one piece in it's entirety!  I actually made the batter the evening before and baked it as muffins in the morning (you know how I like to prep ahead!).  See the enjoyment-


I think in the future I will actually make a hybrid of both recipes (mostly because I like having the veggie factor of adding carrots!) but it also stands incredibly well on its own.  I highly recommend it!  Plus, The Bread Box mini-mag has so many other amazing recipes in it you really can't go wrong!

Served with a hard boiled egg it was the perfect light breakfast! 
I also wanted to mention a little tip that I learned not long ago.  Since I made the batter the night before, I stored it in a zip-top bag in the fridge overnight and then simply clipped a corner off the bag to portion it into the muffin tins in the morning!  Super easy and clean!





Be sure to visit my sponsor- Marmee's Bread Market- for recipes and everything else you need to easily make fresh baked goods for your family!