A couple of months ago I was contacted by Earth Mama Angel Baby with a challenge- gather the products I use on my skin and find out my toxicity score in the Skin Deep Cosmetic Database. About three years ago I went through all my body care products, did a LOT of research, and tried to find the safest options available- so I was fairly confidant that my score would be pretty low. Luckily, it was! Although my shampoo did rank higher than I expected at a 4 (out of 10), my overall score for the products I shower with came out to an 8. I also tallied up the score for the products I use on my boys, including Shampoo/bodywash, lotion, diaper cream and sunscreen. They came out to an 8 as well, which was actually more surprising for me, as I have tried to be especially diligent in choosing safe products for them!
The good news is, Earth Mama Angel Baby just announced that the score on all of their products is.... ZERO!! Nada! Zip! Zilch! Nothing nasty in ANY of their products! I didn't even think this was possible but they have done it! As soon as we run out of our care products you better believe that I will be investing in some Earth Mama Angel baby products for sure!
In addition to their little challenge, Earth Mama Angel Baby also sent me some of their Postpartum Bath Herbs to try out- heavenly! They were so healing and soothing in those initials days after birth! I know they definitely helped me get back to my old self much quicker! Best of all- they are offering some of these herbs to one of my lucky readers as well!!
Would you like to win some of these wonderful bath herbs to try for yourself and help promote healing after birth? Just take the same challenge that I did from Earth Mama Angel Baby:
- Gather some of the most common personal care products you use regularly on yourself or on your baby. Personal care products include shampoo, lotions, soaps, diaper cream, stretch mark oil, etc.
- Go to the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics’ Skin Deep database and enter a product name in the search field. http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php Add up the Skin Deep toxicity rating for all the personal care products that you use on a daily basis on your pregnant or nursing body, or on your baby, to find out what your score is.
- When you have your score, post your answer to three quick questions (below) in the comments area. Your post in the comments section with your three answers is one entry into the contest. Don’t worry – there are no right or wrong answers, but we think you’ll be surprised at how high the toxin score is for those products you are using that are labeled natural or even organic.
Additional entries will be granted for all of the following (leave a separate comment for each)- these entries only count AFTER you complete the above challenge:
- 1. What was your Skin Deep toxicity rating score?
- 2. Were you surprised with the score and/or ingredients?
- 3. What would you like your score to be?
- Being a follower (right sidebar)
- Being a subscriber via e-mail (left sidebar)
- Having the Summer of Baby Love button on your blog (also in left sidebar)
- Blogging about the giveaway (leave the link to your direct post)
- Following on Twitter and tweeting about the giveaway (leave your screen name and the time you tweeted)
- Participating in any meme during this giveaway (leave the direct link to your meme post)
The giveaway will end Friday, July 31, 2009 @ 9:00 PST. Winner will be posted and notified later that week. For full details and rules about the Sumer of Baby Love Blog Party, please visit this post.