Monday, August 17, 2009

Mama Time- Baby Einstein

Mama Time button<>


Yes, you heard me correctly! I have been waiting for 8 weeks for my babe to be interested in Baby Einstein and he finally is! I know this is highly controversial, and some of you are shaking your heads with disappointment, but as a mom of a high maintenance baby (2 actually- I've been through this before!) I know that sometimes mama really does need a reprieve! I don't give him a pacifier (in hopes of him finding his thumb!) but I will take the small amount of solace and peace that Baby Einstein brings me! Granted, it is only for about 15 minutes, but those 15 minutes are gold!

So, what do you do to get a few moments of peace? How do you (or did you) get your babe to be content for a bit so you could get something accomplished?! Post, include the Mama Time button, and put your direct link in the MckLinky! I am waiting to learn!

3 comments:

{lauren} said...

I see NO shame in popping in a video for some mama time! Noah was never even slightly interested in Baby Einstein, though...then we discovered Thomas the Tank Engine:) Those are still his "zone out" videos that he likes to watch before naptime. Thankfully, though, Thomas and the Imagination Movers are the only things he really watches, and he dances along the whole time to the Movers....so I figure I haven't ruined him too much:) Oh and I got my book yesterday!! I started it last night...I know I'm going to LOVE it!! Thanks again for it:)

Julia Shober said...

I have to agree - I see no shame in it either! I have to admit I was grateful when I found a Baby Einstein dvd at a house I was cleaning & was able to get a half hour of uninterrupted work done! Whew. This was before I mastered the babywearing, of course.

Now - I don't even know. I don't know at all. He's unstoppable, and sometimes unsatisfiable. Ah...

Carisa said...

We do it too!!! Life is about balance ;)

Carisa