Thursday, December 23, 2010

Grandma's Choclate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!


So, my replacement cookie paddles came this week for my BOSCH Universal PLUS Mixer.  BUT, they didn't send me the metal driver to go with them (BUMMER!).  So, I'm still at a cookie making standstill.  However, in lieu of pictures of wonderful Christmas cookies this year, I thought I would share with you all my Grandma's recipe for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies that are absolutely delicious!  I mean- seriously!

Grandma Ida's Heavenly Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

First, cream together:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 Cup brown sugar
Next, mix in:
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp soda
  • 1 tsp salt
Third, add in:
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp water
  • 2 eggs
Lastly, mix in:
  • 2 cups oats
  • 1 12oz package of chocolate chips
Bake at 375 for approximately 8-10 minutes

Enjoy!!

And if you want to make it really easy on yourself, before you even think about baking you will order yourself a BOSCH Universal PLUS Mixer from Marmee's Bread Market with a set of cookie paddles!!


I also want to mention that Marmee has completely revamped her Homemaker's Mentor site for 2011 and restructured the monthly downloads into quarterly packages.  She has really taken this program to a new level this year by also adding a Yahoo group for members of the Homemaker's Mentor, and quarterly HomeMaker Awards that will really encourage you to go a step farther in your homemaking!  You should really check it out!



Be sure to visit my sponsor- Marmee's Bread Market- for recipes and everything else you need to easily make fresh baked goods for your family!