Monday, December 20, 2010

My 2010 Christmas List

Let me just preface this list by saying it's a dream list and I have no prospects or expectations of receiving most (or any) of it.  This year I truly am thankful to just have a roof over my head and that fact that blogging actually allowed me to get gifts for my kids.  Alright, with that said I give you...

The Mama Kenz Christmas List 2010


1-  iPad. Hmmm... Well that's a no brainer!  Every day I find new reasons why I want need an iPad.  Here are just a few:

  1. I'm the Head Mama of Gabby Moms- the new blogging program for TEACH Magazine- and it's a LOT of work!  An iPad would make it much easier for me to get my work done and stay in contact with the Moms and my wonderful fellow staff at TEACH!
  2. I'm a blogger!  Hello!  Enough said.
  3. I'm a homeschooler and I work with a lot of downloadable curriculum (especially in my reviews for Heart of the Matter).  Being able to use iBook to read PDFs and show them to Rhythm would be HUGE for us! So helpful!  I can't even imagine!
  4. I'm a blogger
  5. I'm not a big fan of the calendar on my iPhone and have had my eye on this app that syncs with google for months!  I get all googly eyed about it!  (Haha- googly eyed for google!  I kill myself!)
  6. I'm a reader!  I would love to start simplifying my book stash to ebooks and many of the blogging book review programs I work with are starting to offer ebook formats.  I would save time, money and I'd be able to read while nursing in the dark!  AND my books would sync with my iPhone!  What is that, like, a quintuple score?!?!
  7. I'm a blogger.... :-)... But that also means I read blogs which would also be easier with the iPad.
  8. My computer is completely running out of space and outdated and I think that most of what I do could be conducted on the iPad for much less money than buying a new computer right now.
  9. I am beginning to teach childbirth and postpartum classes and it would be great to not only keep my notes on my iPad but all my Keynote presentations to deliver to my classes!  See all the business potential here?!
  10. They are just plain and simple the coolest piece of technology to come into existence in the last 30 years!

Hmmm... So maybe this post would have been better titled "Top 10 Reasons I Need an iPad!".

I like to tell myself that the real reason I won't be receiving one this Christmas is not because we are dead broke and couldn't afford it if we tried, but actually because I am patiently waiting for the second model to hit the market since it's sure to have major upgrades in memory and capabilities, not to mention a front facing camera for video chat, bug fixes and a likely lower price.  So yeah.  If you couldn't tell, I want an iPad.


2.  As long as we're talking about things I am REALLY not going to get, I might as well throw it out there that I would LOVE a Canon Rebel T2i!!  And Photoshop Elements!  Costco has a great package with lenses and everything!  It would be so nice to be able to take really awesome photos of the kids and take my blogging photos up to the next level.  *Sigh* Someday.


3.  Clothes!  Most of my wardrobe still consists of the fashions I was wearing in college, which just don't exactly speak to the style I would like to think I currently have!  I would specifically love a couple of pairs of leggings and pretty much anything from Down East Basics or Ann Taylor Loft.

4.  Books!  Here is my basic list-


Under a Maui Moon by Robin Jones Gunn (the first of the two books my favorite author came out with this year!)


Christy Miller's Diary by Robin Jones Gunn (and the second!)


Nowhere, Carolina by Tamara Leigh (I reviewed the first in this series earlier this year and really enjoyed it!  I wold love to read the second installment)


The Backyard Homestead (a cool book I just came across, all about producing your own food even if you don't have much land.  Kind of cool.)


Deceptively Delicious and Double Delicious by Jesssica Seinfeld (I have checked the first one out from the library before and we really liked it!  Great ideas!)

and lastly (for now)- Birthing from Within (which I need for the Childbirth classes I'm teaching)


5.  Curriculum- I know it seems silly, but I would really love to get Galloping the Globe so that I could start slowly working on preparing for kindergarten.

6.  A profession blog makeover!  I would love one by Graphically Designing, but am also well aware that I will never be able to afford one.  A girl can dream!

Alright- I'll stop myself there!  What are you wishing for this Christmas?!



Be sure to visit my sponsor- Marmee's Bread Market- for recipes and everything else you need to easily make fresh baked goods for your family!