Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Aren't you bored at home though?


That is the question I was recently asked by a mom of one of my old friends when we were talking about how I stay home with my boys- all day (gasp)!  I think I actually laughed out loud when she said it!  I guess if you consider non-stop concerts (both singing and playing a wide array of instruments!) from a very musical 4-Year-old boring...


or chasing after the craziest 14-month-old I've ever met...

or cleaning up nearly constant messes...

or trying to figure out how to capture the heart of your child while balancing discipline and punishment...

or listening to silly 4-year-old humor...

or watching your 14-month old truly start embodying the essence of the term "little brother"...

or going on crazy outdoor adventures...

or seeing the world through the eyes of your children...

or trying to study and apply the principles of being a true keeper of the home...


or watching them sleep...

or seeing your boys bond...

or learning more than I ever thought possible by choosing to homeschool (and we are only in preschool! haha!)...

or any of the other thousand things I do in a day...

  If you consider all that boring, then, yes, I guess I have the most boring job on earth!

Tiring?  Yes.  
Frustrating?  Often! 
Filled with joy?  Absolutely!  
But boring?  Never!