Friday, August 6, 2010

Things I'm Remembering...

Or maybe I'm just realizing them, I'm really not sure which.  Regardless, this is what I'm truly coming to know...

Though I may fail, even if it's often, it does not make me a failure.  

God sees my hard work, even when no one else does, and makes note it (especially if I'm consciously doing it in service to Him).

I'm stronger than I acknowledge- not from anything of my own creating but from what He has instilled in me.  I can do ALL things through Christ- even stand confidently, quietly and joyfully under painful trials.  I just have to rely on Him.

One of the fruits of the Spirit is self-control.  If I am sincerely seeking and following Him, He will develop this quality in me. 

Love looks like something.  You can see it, not just hear it, and it expects nothing.

The opposite of anger is grace mixed with patience.

My life only works with prayer and the time to listen.

What are you learning right now?