Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Brand New Bosch Universal Mixer from Marmee's Bread Market

Any of you who have ever looked into baking your own, homemade bread for your family have no doubt heard of the amazing machine that is the Bosch Universal Mixer.  There really is nothing else like it on the market, as far as a home machines go, with a large enough motor to withstand the torque of consistently making large quantities of bread dough.


Many of you have probably seen the other posts I have written about trying to win one of these mixers because I have been dying to get one for nothing short of 2 1/2 years (talk about delayed gratification!)!  I managed to get my NurtiMill for Christmas last year, but in all honesty, it is still sitting on my counter, unused, because the thought of milling all that grain and then having to make the dough by hand was just too daunting!  Well, not anymore!  YESTERDAY, on my happy little doorstep arrived a happy (not-so-little) package containing my brand spakin' new Bosch Universal Mixer courtesy of my wonderful new sponsor- Marmee of Marmee's Bread Market!!


Ok- in all honesty, the box never did actually make it to my doorstep because I was anxiously waiting for the UPS man practically at the window and met him in the yard and practically kissed him!  I also received, via USPS, Marmee's HomeBaker's DVD in which she will teach me how to make bread (which I love because it is like she is actually joining me in my own little kitchen!  And yes, I like to pretend she did this just for me!), her wonderful Bread Basket Cookbook that is packed full of recipes (it will probably take me years to actually try everything that looks good in there, and so far there isn't ONE that doesn't!) and an issue of The Bread Box recipe mag!  Keep in mind that she sent all of this out only on Monday and it arrived in just 2 days!  Talk about service!

Here is the full spread of everything I received from Marmee- notice the cookie paddles she included too!  I can't wait to try them out!  What a great excuse to try out that new chocolate chip cookie recipe I recently found!

Now, my heart did catch in my chest a little bit when I noticed that the box had been damaged, but luckily my new baby mixer wasn't!

Cute baby in box- just had to post it!

As of now, she (yes, my mixer is a "she"- maybe I should name her Martha II too! haha!) is still sitting pristinely on my dining room table for all to admire while I clear a space for her on my small kitchen counters!  A friend of mine very generously supplied me with some wheat to get me started on my little baking adventure until I am able to get to our "local" (and by local I mean an hour away and in a different state!) grain supply store, so I am hoping to possibly start breaking "her" in as early as this afternoon!  It will just depend on whether or not I am able to get to the store to pick up a few extra things I need.  (Side-note- I actually did stop by the store after our park playdate with aforementioned friend and her children, but after Rhythm had skinned his hands on the playground, Lion Cub had beat him over the head with his stainless steel sippy cup, and I turned around to find them both on the brink of meltdown from being too close to naptime,  I thought it would be best to back out of my parking spot and return home...  Ok, so actually I asked Rhythm, "Are you up for it?"  To which he promptly replied, "NO!"  Alright then.  Maybe later.)

Next Tuesday you can expect a full review of my new Bosch- especially since I plan to use it probably about 20 times between now and then!  Also be sure to keep your eyes open for some great giveaways coming up in the very near future along with an announcement about the Bosch raffle I'm hosting that you won't want to miss!





Be sure to visit my sponsor- Marmee's Bread Market- for recipes and everything else you need to easily make fresh baked goods for your family!